People's reactions were mostly along the lines of:
- What are you talking about? What is this NaNoWriMo? (Me: Oh, I should explain that...You commoners do not understand.)
- That sounds cool. (Me: YAY! Not everyone thinks I'm insane!)
- I'm going to sign up. (Me: I hope you can do it...)
- You mean you're actually writing a novel? (Me: Um, yeah. It's called National NOVEL WRITING Month for a reason.)
- Like, an actual book? With lots of pages? (Me: Yeah. That's what a book is. I know, it's hard.)
- Silence. (Me: I'm pretty amazing, eh?)
If you're reading this, C and L — which you might be but chances are very good you aren't — that story's been long since abandoned. It wasn't that good anyway.
Just be aware that next time you ask me to write you into a story, your vices and flaws will be included along with your virtues. That's life. Or at least, writing. Wouldn't want a Mary-Sue.
Fountain Pen Girl